Monday, March 3, 2014

My fav Palak Dal recipe

This is my all time go to recipe when I don't want to make a dal and subzi - this is a two-in-one goto dal.

Ingredients:

  • moong dal
  • 500 gm spinach (uncut)
  • 1 dry red chilli
  • cumin seeds
  • ginger
  • garlic
  • 2 green chillis
  • oil
I have this tiny measure, I take that and immerse the dal in a boat load of water till I get on with other things.
Photo Photo

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai. Add 1 tsp. jeera seeds, then add 2 dry red chillis. Once they're fried add only the soaked dal and fry till it sounds tingling against the kadhai.
PhotoPhotoPhoto

Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp ginger powder. Add twice the amount of water than the dal. I got a 500gm spinch bundle and cut out spinach leaves from the stems and washed it thoroughly to remove alll the mud.
Photo

Simmer and cover. Aft 10 minutes or so, check if dal is done, should have completely lost its structure. Now grind 2 chillis and about 8 cloves of garlic, add and take it off the heat and cover.
PhotoPhoto

The dal should look something like this.


ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment